Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Comcast try to fix the machine

I phoned comcast two week ago and complained, as normal an engineer came out to try and fix the problem.
Only one issue, however the engineer knew nothing of 3D, so i spent 1/2 hour teaching the tech.

The engineer now confused, phoned his manager to come and look at the problem, which he did, 1 hour latter. The manager then spent another hour going over the issue with his tech and swapping DVR for DVR, but all failed. At 1 o'clock the engineers left promising to phone me with information ASAP.

Following this i phoned the comcast helpline again and this time i was put in-touch with the 3d department who told me my tv is broken and that all comcast box's are compatible with 3D technology.

I then phoned Panasonic up , and guess what my TV is fine, the problem is due to old Motorola  IR technology and the modern active shutter technology and they advised me to phone back comcast and to demand to speak to a supervisor.

Taking his advice and speaking to the supervisors manager's manager and the lead tech for 3D i am told that only two makes of DVR are compatible with the Panasonic HD 3D and sadly for me they are not available for order, and only one type is in use in the Chicago area. Being the top rated company they , they........
wait  for it... gave me  $7 back to cover the cost of my DVR, Wow i was impressed. NOT!!!!!!!!!

Here are DVR's they say are compatible.

Cisco/ Scientific Atlanta RNG200 (HD/DVR set top box)

Motorola DCX3400 or DCX3416 (HD/DVR set top box)









However 5 mins after being pissed off with the rubbish service, i get a phone call back from Panasonic and they tell me of two solutions:

1) Place some IR filter tape over the sensor, this can be purchased from a photography store for about $10.
2) Move the DVR so that it is not under any part of the TV.

At last, customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment